Nordic Championship for Scholastic Chess Teams, September 9th to 11th 2016 in Oslo, Norway.
The Norwegian Youth Chess Federation (USF) invites you to the Nordic Championship for Scholastic Chess Teams 2016 in Oslo.
The teams are scholastic chess teams with four players + one reserve from the same school.
There are two groups:
Group A (ungdomsskole/högstadium) – players from 0-10 grade (max 17 years)
Group B (barneskole) – players from 0-6 grade (max 13 years)
The teams are qualified through the national federations/scholastic chess organization in Sweden, Norway, Finland, Iceland, Denmark and Faroe Islands.
Time and Place
The championship will be held on Friday the 9th until Sunday the 11th of September 2016.
The venue is Scandic Holmenkollen Park
Tournament / Live coverage
Both groups will play five rounds – all teams will play against each other. The time control is 90 min. per game with additional 30 seconds per move starting from the first move.
We expect live coverage of all 24 games.
The Chief Arbiter for the Nordic Championship is FA Sverre Johnsen.
Accommodation / catering
Please not that the organizer orders and pays for the hotel and accomodation for the participating teams (4 players + 1 reserve + 1 team captain) outside of Oslo.
Parents, coaches etc. can take advantage of the following options of accommodation and catering (prices are per room and includes full board, breakfast, lunch and dinner):
- Single room (friday-sunday): 1350 NOK
- Single room (friday-monday): 2025 NOK
- Double room (friday-sunday): 1900 NOK
- Double room (friday-monday): 2850 NOK
- Triple room (friday-sunday): 2650 NOK
- Triple room (friday-monday): 3975 NOK
Please book the extra rooms directly through the hotel: firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment are made directly to the hotel when you check out.
- To Oslo Central Station
- Fly to Oslo Lufthavn Gardermoen (OSL), then regular train or Airport Express Train to Oslo Central Station
- Bus or train directly to Oslo Central Station
- From Oslo Central station, us the metro to the hotel
- Metro, line no 1 to “Frognerseteren” from “Jernbanetorget” to “Holmenkollen” takes 27 minutes
- Line 1 (Frognerseteren) departs with 15 minute intervals
- About Metro Tickets: Tickets can be bought in kiosks (Narvesen, 7-eleven) or on the Ruter app. Read more and download the app here from ruter.no
The latest date for sign up is August the 7th 2016.
Phone: +47 21 60 81 20
News, practical information and live coverage will be found on skole2016.nordisksjakk.no.